2. Softomotive determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data and ensures the conformity of this Policy with Greek and European legislation on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data (Greek Law 2472/1997 as amended and supplemented by Greek Laws 2819/2000, 2915/2001, 3156/2003, 3471/2006, 3625/2007, 3917/2011, 3994/2011, 4024/2011 and European Union Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) related to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
Collection of your Personal Information
3. In principle access to the information available on or via the Website does not require any personal data to be supplied by the user. ‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
4. However, in order to use certain online services, including but not limited to communication forms, newsletter, public message boards, interactive and social networking areas, online shop, you may be asked to supply some information about yourself, including but not limited to first and last name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number.
5. When you use our Website, information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected. This information can include but not limited to your: IP address, traffic source, search keywords, page views, visits, referring Internet site addresses, language (aggregate), location (aggregate), browser and operating systems (aggregate), network (aggregate), device (aggregate), as well as other connection data like time and transferred data (collectively referred to as “automated data”). This information is used by Softomotive for the operation of the Website, to maintain quality of the service offered through the Website, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
6. Sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, political affiliations, trade union membership, health record, sexual orientation, or criminal record are not collected by any means.
7. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the Website public message boards, and interactive and social networking areas, this information may be collected and used by others.
Links to other Internet sites
8. The Website may provide links to other Internet sites. Since Softomotive has no control over such sites, you are strongly advised to review the privacy policies of the Internet sites you choose to link to from the Website so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. Softomotive is not responsible for the privacy policies or other content for any Internet sites operated and/or controlled by third parties.
Use of your Personal Information
9. Softomotive collects and uses your personal information to operate the Website and deliver the services you have requested. Softomotive may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products/services available from Softomotive or from external business partners, or contact you via surveys to conduct research about current or potential new products/services.
Softomotive may share data with trusted partners to operate the Website, improve its products and services and/or deliver the services you have requested. All such third parties have entered into data processing agreements (DPAs) as required, in order to maintain and protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In these data processing agreements, the service providers undertake measures to protect the data of our users, to process them on our behalf in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations and, in particular, not to pass the data on to third parties, except to providing the agreed upon services.
Here’s a list of third-party services that we may use, who they are and what type of data they store. If available, we also include the ability to opt out:
We use Active Campaign, to deliver our electronic newsletters and promotional emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks to help us monitor and improve our newsletter and email campaigns. For more information, please see Active Campaigns privacy notice: https://www.activecampaign.com/privacy-policy/
We use Google Mail to handle all our incoming and outbound emails and calendar events. We only store name and email address in the address book. For more information, please see Google’s privacy notice: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We use FastSpring as our reseller and all purchases of Softomotive products are processed through FastSpring. We store e-mail, purchase info, including product license key & history of Softomotive products.
Softomotive works with AdRoll, who uses technology including web beacons and cookies to collect data about our website usage and to improve the effectiveness of our marketing. The types of data that are collected are the following:
- Cookie Identifiers
- IP Addresses
- Website activity
Data recorded through the use of this technology is aggregated and shared with us. No personally identifiable information about you is collected or shared by AdRoll with Softomotive. You can ready AdRoll’s Privacy Notice or opt-out of AdRoll and their partners by visiting the following link: https://www.adrollgroup.com/privacy
10. Softomotive collects personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfil a precise purpose. The information will not be reused for a purpose incompatible with the original purpose. The data are kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. These data may, however, be kept for a longer period if required under applicable law or for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
11. Softomotive will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process; (b) protect and defend its rights or property; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website, or the public.
12. In your capacity as data subjects, the GDPR provides you with a series of rights including:
- the right of access – allowing you to obtain confirmation that your personal data is being processed by us and, if affirmative, the relevant details of such processing activities;
- the right to rectification – allowing you to rectify your personal data if inaccurate;
- right to erasure – allowing you to obtain the erasure of your personal data in certain cases (e.g., if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected);
- right to restriction – allowing you to obtain the restriction of processing your personal data in certain cases (e.g., when you contest the accuracy of your personal data, for a period enabling us to verify such accuracy);
- the right to object – allowing you to object to further processing of your personal data within the conditions and limits set forth by law;
- right to data portability – allowing you to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit this data to another data controller.
You may exercise your aforementioned rights and find out more about such rights by filing with us, as data controller, a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority.
Softomotive is committed to always treat your requests with the utmost attention and address any queries you may have in the shortest time possible.
13. The Website uses ‘cookies’. A cookie is a text file that is placed on the hard disk of your computer by a web server. Cookies cannot be used to extract knowledge of any of the documents or files on your computer, run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
14. Cookies are used to identify users of online services offered through the Website and then personalise and facilitate access to these services. Cookies are also used for statistical purposes, in order to analyze how you use the Website and determine useful or popular areas of the Website.
Softomotive uses the following cookies:
Softomotive also uses Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Softomotive across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of the Softomotive website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
Security of your Personal Information
16. Softomotive secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure by storing them on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Internet sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol (for www.softomotive.com).
Changes to this Policy
17. Softomotive will occasionally update this Policy to reflect feedback from visitors and customers, and comply with Greek and European legislation on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data.
18. You can contact email@example.com for any comments or queries regarding this Policy, to obtain any further information on this Policy, to exercise your rights as per this Policy, or if you believe that Softomotive has not adhered to this Policy. Softomotive will make best efforts to promptly reply to queries, take any action required, and determine and remedy any problem as provided by applicable law.
19. In case needed you can always reach directly Softomotive’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) using the following contact details:
Full name: Thanasis Tsakoumis
103, Kallirois Str,
Athens 11745, Greece