End User License Agreement
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE. BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING AND USING THIS SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR INSTALLING OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS LICENSE, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
YOU AGREE THAT THE AGREEMENT IS ENFORCEABLE LIKE ANY WRITTEN NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT SIGNED BY YOU AND THIS AGREEMENT IS ENFORCEABLE AGAINST YOU.
This is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a legal entity, “CUSTOMER”) and Softomotive Ltd. (“SOFTOMOTIVE”) and its authorized distributors and resellers. This End User License Agreement (the “AGREEMENT”) states the terms and conditions upon which SOFTOMOTIVE offers to license WinAutomation Evaluation/Trial Edition (the “TRIAL EDITION”), WinAutomation Basic Edition (the “BASIC EDITION”, WinAutomation Professional Edition (the “PROFESSIONAL EDITION”), and WinAutomation Professional Plus Edition (the “PROFESSIONAL+ EDITION”) together with all related documentation and accompanying items including, but not limited to, the executable programs, drivers, libraries and data files associated with such programs (collectively the “SOFTWARE”).
THE AGREEMENT APPLIES TO VERSION 8 OF THE SOFTWARE AND NEITHER AFFECTS NOR IS AFFECTED BY THE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENTS FOR PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE SOFTWARE.
- Grant of License
(a) The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold, to you for use only under the terms of this AGREEMENT. SOFTOMOTIVE retains all title to and ownership of the SOFTWARE and reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
(b) If you have obtained the TRIAL EDITION and have not purchased a license key for the BASIC EDITION, PROFESSIONAL EDITION OR PROFESSIONAL+ EDITION, SOFTOMOTIVE grants you a thirty (30) calendar day non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the SOFTWARE free of charge for the purpose of evaluating whether you wish to purchase an ongoing license for the SOFTWARE.
(c) WARNING: The TRIAL EDITION will become non-functional thirty (30) calendar days after the first use of the SOFTWARE. SOFTOMOTIVE disclaims all liability and responsibility for any loss of data or other information which may occur as a result thereof.
- For Use on a Single Device
(a) The SOFTWARE may be used only on a single device by a single user at any time, where device is defined either as: (i) a physical device such as a personal computer or server, or (ii) a virtual device, such as an operating environment that may be running concurrently with another operating environment on a single physical device (e.g., VMware, Virtual PC, Virtual Server, VirtualBox etc).
(b) You may transfer the machine-readable portion of the SOFTWARE from one device to another, provided that: (i) the SOFTWARE (including any portion or copy thereof) is erased from the first device and (ii) there is no possibility that the SOFTWARE will be used on more than one device at a time.
- Technical Support & Version Updates
Details of Technical Support & Version Updates can be found in the Software Assurance Plan, attached hereto as ANNEX A.
The SOFTWARE is owned by SOFTOMOTIVE and is protected by Greek copyright laws and international treaty provisions. You may not remove the copyright notice from any copy of the SOFTWARE or any copy of the written materials, if any, accompanying the SOFTWARE.
- Purchase of Tokens for installation of exe files on non-licensed devices
The PROFESSIONAL and the PROFESSIONAL PLUS EDITION enable you to produce executable files (“exe”). In order to be able to install and use the produced “exe” files on devices not previously having installed the SOFTWARE you need to have previously purchased one (1) token per machine to be installed on non- licensed devices.
- No Merger or Integration
You may not merge any portion of the SOFTWARE into, or integrate any portion of the SOFTWARE with, any other program, unless otherwise agreed in writing with SOFTOMOTIVE.
- Transfer of License
(a) You may not sublicense, assign or transfer any of your rights under this AGREEMENT to any third party.
(b) Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may permanently transfer your license of the SOFTWARE only to a successor entity provided that: (i) you remove the SOFTWARE before transferring it separately from the device where it was installed, (ii) you do not retain any copies of the SOFTWARE or the license key, (iii) the receiving party agrees that this AGREEMENT applies to the transfer and use of the SOFTWARE.
You agree to the following additional terms and restrictions related to the License:
(a) You may not: (i) work around any technical limitations in the SOFTWARE; (ii) decompile, de-obfuscate, reverse engineer, modify, adapt or translate the SOFTWARE or attempt to do any of the foregoing, (iii) copy the SOFTWARE except to make archival copies as provided in this AGREEMENT; (iv) publish or make available in any way the SOFTWARE for others to copy; (v) sell, resell, rent, lease or lend, supply, publish, distribute or redistribute the SOFTWARE; (vi) share the license key with any third party, (vi) use the SOFTWARE to create any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware and other malicious software.
(b) You may be required to connect to the Internet and log in at any time during the License Term;
(c) SOFTWARE may automatically connect to the Internet to verify License validity without notice at any time;
(d) You may not enable or allow others to use the Software as Customer.
(e) You acknowledge that the SOFTWARE contains trade secrets and other proprietary information of SOFTOMOTIVE. You may not decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer the SOFTWARE, or engage in any other activities to obtain underlying information that is not visible to the user in connection with normal use of the SOFTWARE. In particular, you agree not for any purpose to transmit the SOFTWARE or display the SOFTWARE’s object code on any computer screen or to make any hard copy memory dumps of the SOFTWARE’s object code.
(f) If you believe you require information related to the interoperability of the SOFTWARE with other programs, you shall not decompile or disassemble the SOFTWARE to obtain such information, and you agree to request such information from SOFTOMOTIVE at the address listed below. Upon receiving such a request, SOFTOMOTIVE shall determine whether you require such information for a legitimate purpose and, if so, SOFTOMOTIVE will provide such information to you within a reasonable time and on reasonable conditions. In any event, you will notify SOFTOMOTIVE of any information derived from reverse engineering or such other activities, and the results thereof will constitute the confidential information of SOFTOMOTIVE that may be used only in connection with the SOFTWARE.
(g) Nothing in this AGREEMENT shall give you or any other person any right to access or use the source code or constitute any license of the source code of the SOTFWARE.
- Trial Users
You agree that Softomotive has the right to contact you, if you have chosen the TRIAL EDITION, after the end of the trial period of thirty (30) days and for an additional period of six (6) months, in order to follow-up, request feedback in relation to your experience, provide further information on the SOFTWARE within the scope of its legitimate interest. Should you wish Softomotive to cease any contact with you after the expiration of the TRIAL EDITION, you can opt-out by using the following e-mail: email@example.com.
- Termination of License
(a) The license granted to you is effective until terminated.
(b) Termination by You. You may terminate the license at any time by destroying the SOFTWARE (including any portions or copies thereof) currently in your possession or control.
(c) Termination by SOFTOMOTIVE. The license will terminate automatically without any notice from SOFTOMOTIVE if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this AGREEMENT and SOFTOMOTIVE may also enforce any and all rights provided by law.
(d) You agree upon any such termination, either by you or SOFTOMOTIVE, to stop using and destroy the SOFTWARE (including any portions or copies thereof). Any further use of the SOFTWARE will be deemed an infringement of SOFTOMOTIVE’s intellectual property as well as a violation of this AGREEMENT.
(e) The provisions of this AGREEMENT that protect the proprietary rights of SOFTOMOTIVE will continue in force after termination.
- No Warranty
(a) ANY USE BY YOU OF THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED FOR USE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW SOFTOMOTIVE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
(b) SOFTOMOTIVE does not warrant that the functions contained in the SOFTWARE will meet your requirements or that the operation of the SOFTWARE will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected within a certain time period, if at all. Any representation, other than the warranties set forth in this AGREEMENT, will not bind SOFTOMOTIVE. You assume full responsibility for the selection of the SOFTWARE to achieve your intended results, and for the use and results obtained from the SOFTWARE. You also assume the entire risk as it applies to the quality and performance of the SOFTWARE.
(c) SOFTOMOTIVE shall not be liable for the accuracy of any information provided by SOFTOMOTIVE or third-party technical support personnel, or any damages caused, either directly or indirectly, by acts taken or omissions made by you as a result of such technical support.
(d) No oral or written information or advice given by SOFTOMOTIVE, its officers, employees, agents, representatives, authorized distributors and resellers shall create a warranty.
- Disclaimer of Damages: Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL SOFTOMOTIVE OR ITS AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOST REVENUES, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, OR ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF SOFTOMOTIVE OR ITS AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS OR RESELLERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SOFTOMOTIVE’S LIABILITY OR DAMAGES TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY EVER EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO USE THE SOFTWARE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE CLAIM.
- Indemnification by You
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless SOFTOMOTIVE and its officers, employees, agents and representatives from any demand, claim, loss, liability or damage, including actual attorneys’ fees, that it or any of them may incur by reason of or arising out of any claim that is made by any third party that is based in whole or in part upon any claim or allegation relating to the use of the SOFTWARE by you (or your employees, agents or representatives, as applicable).
- Contact Us
Contact details of SOFTOMOTIVE are:
Grand Union House
20 Kentish Town Rd
Tel: +44 (0) 213 515 0064
(a) This AGREEMENT is binding on you as well as your employees, employers, contractors and agents, and on any successors and assignees.
(b) This AGREEMENT is governed by the laws of England and Wales. For any dispute regarding the terms of this AGREEMENT the competent Courts of London shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
(c) This AGREEMENT is the entire agreement between us and supersedes any other understandings or agreements (oral or written), including, but not limited to, advertising, with respect to the SOFTWARE.
(d) If any provision of this AGREEMENT is deemed invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that particular provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make the provision valid and enforceable and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
(e) You agree that SOFTOMOTIVE will not have any liability for any inaccurate statement or representation made by it and its officers, employees, agents and representatives or anyone else (whether innocently or negligently) upon which you relied upon entering into this AGREEMENT, unless such untrue statement or representation was made fraudulently or with gross negligence.
(f) In order for SOFTOMOTIVE to continuously improve the SOFTWARE, its products, services and your overall user experience it is necessary for SOFTOMOTIVE to provide your contact information to user-generated review platforms for the above purpose, in order for them to gather your reviews and input on our products and services. Should you wish Softomotive to cease sharing your contact information at any point with the above third parties you can send your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(g) For questions concerning this Agreement, please contact SOFTOMOTIVE at the address stated above.
Software Assurance Plan
- Software Assurance Plan (SAP) is included within Software License(s) purchased by Licensee and it offers access to SOFTOMOTIVE’s generally available Software Updates and Software Upgrades with no cost for the duration of the plan and includes access to Software Support and Technical Support channels provided by SOFTOMOTIVE to Licensee during the support hours identified below. SAP’s duration is 12 months from the day of purchase of a Software License.
- “Software Support” means the after-sales services provided by the vendor related to possible bug fixes on the supported Software versions. Any error that SOFTOMOTIVE will correct will be included only in the new Software version release, whether that will be a major or minor Update. If Licensee is using a previous version of the Software, SOFTOMOTIVE will only suggest workarounds, if those are possible; otherwise, Licensee should upgrade to the current version of the Software and be provided with the included fix.
- “Technical Support” means:
(a) Explanation of Software features
(b) Answers to questions about: installation, activation, licensing, general Software usage
(c) Reproducing problems that may be a Software bug. Providing workarounds for known bugs
(d) Recommendations for process development and best practices on actions use. This does NOT include actual process development but only providing examples or general resources and “how to” knowledge.
- “Software” has the meaning provided in the respective Software License Agreement.
- “Software Updates” are periodic updates that may be made by SOFTOMOTIVE to its Software to correct errors, extend or add new features or functionality, or improve performance, and are considered by SOFTOMOTIVE as a minor release to the current version (e.g. WinAutomation version 8.0 to 8.1, or ProcessRobot 2018.1.1 to 2018.1.2). A particular Software Update may not necessarily include feature enhancements to the Software itself. SOFTOMOTIVE makes no guarantee as to if or when a Software Update will be released. A Licensee will be entitled to all the minor updates of the version and edition of the Software that he holds a valid license for, even if it is not SAP covered or the SAP has expired. This is applicable to the extent that such Software Updates are made generally available by SOFTOMOTIVE to all of its customers.
- “Software Upgrades” term means the next major Software release that
(a) substantially enhances the functionality and supersede the version currently licensed to Licensee (e.g. WinAutomation version 8.0 to 9.0, or ProcessRobot 2018.1 to 2018.2), and
(b) SOFTOMOTIVE makes generally available to its direct customers.
Note 1: Customers with expired SAP or with no SAP will not be entitled to free major upgrades.
Note 2: SOFTOMOTIVE does not guarantee backward compatibility of processes/robots of the Software to the previous version once the Software has been upgraded to the current version.
- “Licensee” means a person or company to whom an approved License is granted or issued under the Software License Agreement Terms.
- “License” means the permission -provided to Licensees under the terms of the “Software License Agreement” or “End User License Agreement / EULA” to use the Software on a non-exclusive basis. A Software License does not transfer the ownership of the Software to the Licensee.
- “Software License Agreement” or “End User License Agreement / EULA” means the written agreement between Softomotive and the Licensee as end user that defines the terms and conditions under which the Software is being made available from Softomotive to the Licensee.
- Terms and Conditions
- Provided Licensee’s SAP is active, SOFTOMOTIVE will provide “Technical Support” and “Software Support” services directly to Licensee for the current version of the Software and one version back. To obtain Support for an error, Licensee shall first provide detailed information concerning such error. It is at SOFTOMOTIVE’s discretion to determine whether a Licensee should provide detailed information on a reported error through email or through the Customer Service Portal found at http://support.softomotive.com.
- Support Services by SOFTOMOTIVE will be provided during the hours of 06:00-22:00 GMT via e-mail during weekdays (Monday to Friday). Correspondence will be only available in English.
- SOFTOMOTIVE agrees to acknowledge receipt of all support requests for error corrections properly logged through the Log System within four working (4) hours of its receipt.
- Within eight (8) hours of an error being logged through the Log System, SOFTOMOTIVE will commence working on the logged support request, and will make reasonable efforts to replicate and commence seeking a remedy for any error reported to it that causes a function of the Software to fail to conform to its technical documentation in a material respect. In the event that SOFTOMOTIVE is unable to reproduce a particular error in its machines environment, Licensee agrees that he shall provide SOFTOMOTIVE secure remote access to his own workstation. During this remote session the error will be demonstrated to SOFTOMOTIVE’s representatives in order to assist with determining whether the error is in the Software or is not in the Software but more likely is in Licensee’s systems, other software, hardware or was generated by other causes not under the reasonable control of SOFTOMOTIVE. SOFTOMOTIVE is only responsible for providing Support Services for errors it can reproduce that are found to be in the Software alone. Licensee acknowledges that not all errors can be replicated or corrected.
- If any Software Update, workaround or supplemental software code is required by SOFTOMOTIVE to correct the error, then it shall be made available to Licensee by electronic download. Any Software Updates or other supplemental software code provided to Licensee as a result of Support Services shall be considered part of the Software and will be subject of the terms and conditions of this SAP. Any fix that will be provided, will only be included in the current version of the software, and will not be included in any earlier version than this.
- Licensee is expected to train key personnel on the SOFTWARE and assign such personnel to provide first line support to Customer’s internal users. SOFTOMOTIVE will provide second level technical support to the above mentioned trained key personnel, who will act as SOFTOMOTIVE’s sole point of contact for all technical support requests and will assist SOFTOMOTIVE is identifying and correcting Errors.
- At the time of any call reporting an Error, provide reasonably requested information (including, by way of example, system log files, configuration files etc.) and, to the extent it is practical and commercially reasonable to do so, a reproducible instance of the issue;
- Prior to reporting any Error, where reasonably possible, perform preliminary troubleshooting or diagnostics to assist confirming that the Software bug relates to the SOFTOMOTIVE Software; and
- In the event of the need for SOFTOMOTIVE to provide remote Maintenance and Support Services, provide reasonable access to relevant infrastructure during the Service hours.
- SOFTOMOTIVE has the right to stop providing services under this SAP and not respond to Support emails:
(a) immediately upon written notice to Licensee in the event Licensee breaches or terminates any associated Software License Agreement,
(b) immediately upon the date on which Licensee ceases being covered by SAP for any reason, including without limitation failure to pay the required SAP fees.
- SAP can only be renewed in whole for the Licensee’s Licenses in order to maintain access to Software Support, Technical Support, Software Updates and Software Upgrades, under the respective Software License Agreement. Any SAP that is renewed later than 30 calendar days after the SAP expiry date of each purchased License is considered late. A late renewal of SAP is subject to a reinstatement fee on top of the respective maintenance fee, as provided in the Software License Agreement. The reinstatement fee is equal to the renewal fees that should have been paid if the renewal was on time. Any SAP which is not renewed up to 30 calendar days after its expiration is considered late and thus the reinstatement fee applies, should Customer wish to renew SAP.