2. Softomotive determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data and ensures the conformity of this Policy with Greek and European legislation on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data (Greek Law 2472/1997 as amended and supplemented by Greek Laws 2819/2000, 2915/2001, 3156/2003, 3471/2006, 3625/2007, 3917/2011, 3994/2011, 4024/2011 and Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995).
Collection of your Personal Information
3. In principle access to the information available on or via the Website does not require any personal data to be supplied by the user. ‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his or her identity.
4. However, in order to use certain online services, including but not limited to communication forms, newsletter, public message boards, interactive and social networking areas, online shop, you may be asked to supply some information about yourself, including but not limited to first and last name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number.
5. Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected. This information can include but not limited to: your IP address, operating system, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Internet site addresses. This information is used by Softomotive for the operation of the Website, to maintain quality of the service offered through the Website, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
6. Sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, political affiliations, trade union membership, health record, sexual orientation, or criminal record are not collected by any means.
7. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the Website public message boards, and interactive and social networking areas, this information may be collected and used by others.
Links to other Internet sites
8. The Website may provide links to other Internet sites. Since Softomotive has no control over such sites, you are strongly advised to review the privacy policies of the Internet sites you choose to link to from the Website so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. Softomotive is not responsible for the privacy policies or other content for any Internet sites operated and/or controlled by third parties.
Use of your Personal Information
9. Softomotive collects and uses your personal information to operate the Website and deliver the services you have requested. Softomotive may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products/services available from Softomotive or from external business partners, or contact you via surveys to conduct research about current or potential new products/services. Softomotive may share data with trusted partners to operate the Website or deliver the services you have requested. All such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using your personal information except to providing the agreed upon services.
10. Softomotive collects personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfil a precise purpose. The information will not be reused for a purpose incompatible with the original purpose. The data are kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. These data may, however, be kept for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
11. Softomotive will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process; (b) protect and defend its rights or property; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website, or the public.
12. Any individuals concerned (data subjects) has the right to obtain access to and rectification of their personal data. Data subjects may also under certain circumstances ask to have these data blocked and for the erasure of data about them which they consider to have been unlawfully processed. Finally, they have the right to object, on compelling grounds, to the processing of their data. To exercise your rights or to obtain any further information, you can apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. The Website uses ‘cookies’. A cookie is a text file that is placed on the hard disk of your computer by a web server. Cookies cannot be used to extract knowledge of any of the documents or files on your computer, run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
14. Cookies are used to identify users of online services offered through the Website and then personalise and facilitate access to these services. Cookies are also used for statistical purposes, in order to analyze how you use the Website and determine useful or popular areas of the Website.
Security of your Personal Information
16. Softomotive secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure by storing them on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Internet sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Policy
17. Softomotive will occasionally update this Policy to reflect feedback from visitors and customers, and comply with Greek and European legislation on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data.
18. Softomotive encourages you to periodically review this Policy. If at any point you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, you should neither visit the Website nor use the services offered through the Website anymore.
19. You can contact email@example.com for any comments or queries regarding this Policy, to obtain any further information on this Policy, to exercise your rights as per this Policy, or if you believe that Softomotive has not adhered to this Policy. Softomotive will make best efforts to promptly reply to queries, take any action required, and determine and remedy any problem.